New zeland xi declared their inning when they were 270 for 8 by taking 60 runs lead of Sri Lanka's first inning.
Sri Lankan batsmen were able to adjust to the conditions much better in second inning as they were able to take 100 runs lead with 8 wickets still in hand at stumps of day 2.
Danushka Gunathilaka was able to score quick 89 off 77 balls in the second inning before he went back to the dugout for a ball of Younghusband.
Batsmen batting at the crease for Sri Lanka are De silva on 19 and Kusal Mendis on 11.
Match summary at the end of Day 2 is as follows:
SRI LANKA(1st inning) 210-9decl(59 overs)
- Anjelo Mathews 128* B.Coburn 3-44
- Dinesh Chandimal 26 P.Younghusband 2-25
NEW ZEALAND XI(1st inning) 270-8decl(82 overs)
- Sandeep Patel 69 D.Perera 2-30
- Katene Clarke 46 L.Sandakan 2-67
SRI LANKA (2nd inning) 160-2(37 overs)
- D.Gunathilaka 89 P.Younghusband 1-19
- L.Thirimanne 45 B.Coburn 1-39
Post a Comment